Investors Central Limited (“we”/”us”/”our”) endeavour at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles which together will be referred to in this policy as “Australian Privacy Law.”
You are not required to provide us with your name or any personal information if you do not wish to. You are free to use any name allowed by law. We, however, will not deal further with you without obtaining your real name and other verifiable pieces of personal information.
The type of personal information we collect
As a result of your visit to our website, we may collect and store information about your visit to this website including:
- the domain name and IP address of the computer from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website;
- the pages you accessed while visiting the website; and
- through the use of websites, software and internet tracking devices such as cookies, anonymous identifiers and session variables, we may also collect your email address.
Your internet service provider or the providers of your internet browser software may also collect such information for their own purposes. We are not responsible for the collection, storage and use of such information by these entities and refer you to their respective privacy policies.
As a result of you dealing further with us, whether as a prospective investor, investor, contractor, supplier or service provider, we may collect and store personal information from you such as:
- your name;
- address, previous addresses and how long you have lived at those addresses;
- date of birth;
- your email address;
- your telephone numbers; and
If you apply to us for employment, we may also collect and store personal and, in addition, sensitive information about you including your:
- education, training and other qualifications;
- work history;
- professional or trade associations or union membership;
- hobbies and other interests; and
- criminal history.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information about you from your visit to our website through the use of technologies such as anonymous identifiers, session variable, and/or cookies. You may be able to set your internet web browser to block or limit cookies. Some features of our website may not work as efficiently or not at all if you have done so.
As a result of you dealing further with us, we may collect personal information directly from you and this may be in person, over the telephone, by mail, over the internet, by email or fax or by completion of an application or consent form whether on-line or otherwise.
- apply for employment with us;
- send us an online enquiry;
- send us an Application Form;
We may collect personal sensitive information about you from other sources when it is impractical or unreasonable for us to collect it directly from you. Among these other sources may be:
- someone authorised by you such as an agent, broker, accountant, solicitor, financial counsellor, introducers or a
and we may collect that information directly from them in person, over the telephone, by mail, over the internet, by email or fax or by completion of an application or consent form whether on-line or otherwise.
How we hold your personal information
We use our best endeavours and take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information including:
- maintenance of a secure environment for storage of information whether in hard copy or in electronic form;
- requiring that access to such information be confined to authorised personnel only;
- using technology such as encryption and password protection to secure any information kept in electronic form.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
If you are a user of our website, a prospective investor, investor, a contractor or supplier of goods and services to us, a job applicant or other person from whom we collect we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information we shall do so only for those purposes which are:
- permitted by Australian Privacy Law;
- necessary for:
- the administration of any contract of supply of goods or services to or by us;
- the provision of our investment products to our prospective investors or investors customers;
- assessment and processing of any job application;
- otherwise for the administration and management of our business;
- better improve website useability;
- required by law;
- in order to investigate or assist with any investigation into any complaint about the conduct of our business, in particular, under Australian Privacy Law;
- to otherwise enforce any term of any contract or other right which arises out of our dealings with you.;
- to communicate with you, by way of direct marketing, information about our products and services. If you do not wish us to do so, you can “opt out” of such communication by informing us in person, by telephone, by facsimile, by post or by email;
- to search and/or register any Personal Property Securities;
- as part of a prospective sale, transfer or restructure of our business; or
- to otherwise communicate with you or the purposes outlined above.
We may disclose your personal information, including financial and sensitive information, to other parties as part of a process of merger, acquisition, sale of our business or our other assets and, before doing so, will give you notice and an opportunity to opt out of the provision of such information in that instance.
If, for any of the above purposes, we disclose your personal information to any supplier of services to our business or to any prospective purchaser of our business which we shall do so only if it is necessary for the purposes listed above, we shall:
- do so in accordance with Australian Privacy Law;
- obtain assurances from those suppliers that they comply with Australian Privacy Law.
Whether we supply your personal information to overseas recipients
We do not supply your personal information to overseas recipients as part of our information technology systems.
How you may access your personal information held by us
You may request access to your personal, sensitive and credit information held by us by identifying yourself in person, by facsimile or by scanned attachments to an email and sending your request for access to us at:
Fax: (07) 4723 5466
Postal Address: PO Box 276 Thuringowa Central QLD 4817
If we are unable to grant your access to personal, sensitive or credit information, we will give you our reasons in writing within a reasonable time. These may include where providing the information to you may:
- reveal personal information about another individual person;
- pose a threat to the health or safety of another individual person;
- not be permitted by law;
- reveal internal information of a commercially sensitive nature which is not required to be disclosed to you by Australian Privacy Law.
How you may correct any personal information we hold about you which is incorrect
If you believe any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us in person by telephone, by facsimile, by email, identify yourself and tell us what information which we hold about you is, in your belief, incorrect and how you want it changed.
If we cannot agree to the change to the information which you have requested, we will give you reasons in writing.
How you may complain about how we deal with your personal information
If you are not satisfied with the reasons referred to above or otherwise have any complaint about how we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer who will then follow our Privacy Internal Dispute Resolution process.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted on 1300 468 236 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can, of course, at any time, refer directly to:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666
Changes to this Policy
- changes to the law;
- changes to technology;
- changes to our systems.
Download the Prospectus
Through the prospectus Australian investors with $25,000 or more have the opportunity to invest in an attractive fixed interest with a range of investment terms from 3 to 60 months providing a steady income stream to compliment a successful diverse investment portfolio.